Thursday, August 4, 2016

No Non-sense: Transformation Journey - My initial thoughts

Hey there, I'm Harpreet. You can call me Lucky... that's my nick name. I've got tattoo as well. Just saying. :P
Well, it's 1 am on a Thursday night; so it's technically #TGIF. And I'm still awake. But why? I've been thinking to start my body transformation journey. You must be thinking I'm kidding? Well, maybe I don't know how far I can go.
I thought it's a good idea to keep writing weekly/bi-weekly about your progress. I will share the my highs & lows during the journey.

Body Transformation? Ummm, No, I'm not actually looking for just 6 packs or that super lean body. It's more like life time commitment to a better lifestyle and live life the royal way. And excuse me, b'coz I don't know what royal way I'm talking about here.

Why? The answer is simple. I've messed up my body. I'm not sick. I'm healthy but I'm still ignoring those little-2 sickness I'm going to get in coming future.

I work in a MNC.(you guessed it right, as an Engineer). Been working since 5 years. I've not just put-up too much weight but I don't believe I looked upon this kind of life. I'm performing good, very good in office and work. But it seems I still lacks something in life. Some adventure, some craziness, some insanity and something beyond. And hey, I'm just 27.
Shit, I'm 27. :(

Call me mad, as I still think that I can be a boxer at this age if I just start tomorrow. Tomorrow that never comes. There were days, I used to self train on punching bags. Nah.. nothing serious, but I loved it. I somehow miss it.
I'm not going to compare with you on how lazy I am. I can certainly beat you in lot of laziness stuff. And I'm not proud of it.

I did ran 3 full marathons (Hyderabad marathon - 2 times and SCCM 2015), a couple of 70-80 km cycling events and few 10k races. And i never prepared for them. I'm still not happy in completing those. Those would've turned bad for me. We should never attempt a full marathon without practice. You may complete it but you'll injure yourself more. I'm still safe and sound.

Am I deviating from my original thoughts? What this blog is all about?
I wanted to say that I've tried a lot of things. I've an active gym membership since last 2 months but I ain't going. I've a pack of Protein powder, not having it. I have all those pre-requisites to start working towards my fitness journey. Not to forget, I just bought new gym apparel (a short & pant) from Aesthetic Nation. I guess, if I'm thinking correctly I lack motivation. I'm so comfortable living daily 9-6 job and taking care of everything and everyone around me, but forgetting to take care of the only one person. Myself.

Okay. So, let's change. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny." - Han Solo

I will use this blog to track my progress. My current lifestyle, made me gain over 25 kg.

Below are my current measurements, as on August 5th 2016 are:


Height - 176 cm
Body Weight - 95.4 kg (210 pounds)
Neck - 17.25"
Shoulders - 48" (not measured perfectly, as I measured myself only).
Chest - 43.5"
Arms (Biceps) - 13.5 (Unflexed)
Forearms - 11.25"(Unflexed)
Waist - 43"
Hip - 44"
Thighs - 25"
Calves - 15.75"

So, these are my readings. I'll update these in my BodySpace profile as well. I'll use Twitter to share quick thoughts any time of the day.


By writing this blog, my target is to keep myself motivated to achieved fitness goals.
First goal - Hit the Gym for 21 days straight.

To see some embarrassment, as well as, to lose that shyness of self; I'm sharing my current picture. This is how I looks with my shirts off. See ya later! Good night.